This Environmental Integration Tool (EIT) has been designed to bring a structured attention to environmental issues linked to a production project.
It aims to strengthen positive impacts and/or mitigate negative impacts of the environment on the project, and of the project on the environment.
The EIT programme is implemented through 4 steps:
- Environmental diagnosis
- Environmental check up
- Environment monitoring
- Environmental memory
For the 1) 3) and 4), the analysis is structured in 4 themes:
- Environmental context of the programme or project
- Environmental coherence of the programme
- Effects of the environment on the programme
- Effects of the programme on the environment
- Capacities for environmental management and adaptation to environmental issues
For the 2), it is structured that way :
- Additional analysis
- Retrospective analysis
- Integration into the Technical and Financial File
In each step and in each theme, there are questions to be answered. Those steps should be ideally applied along the four phases of the Project Cycle Management.
Links and downloads
Louvain Cooperation (LC) is the non-governmental organizations (NGO) of the Université Catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain)